Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother''s Day-Part One

Some of us have been blessed with wonderful Mothers.

Some of us have Mothers that were not quite so admirable.

Some of us have Mothers that praised us and adored us.

Some of us have Mothers that never said a kind word.

Some of us have Mothers that loved us uncondionally.

Some of us have Mothers that loved us only if we met all her expectations.

Some of us have Mothers that smiled readily.

Some of us have Mothers that never found much to smile about.

Some of us have Mothers that~ whatever we did~ it is more than they hoped for.

Some of us have Mothers that no matter WHAT we did-it was never enough.

Some of us have Mothers that had a charmed childhood.

Some of us have Mothers that were raised in pain & shame.

Some of us have Mothers that need us & want us in their lives.

Some of us have Mothers that are needy and we seldom see them.

Some of us have Mothers that complete our lives.

Some of us have Mothers that leave us aching, wanting and empty.

Some of us have Mothers that stand on this side of the Great Beyond.

Some of us have Mothers that have passed over this earthly barrier.

Some of us will emulate our Mother.

Some of us will vow to never be anything like our Mother.

Some of us are happy and fulfilled, no matter what kind of Mother we had.

Some of us will never be happy even if we were nurtured by an amazing Mother.

Today I am blessed to be a Mother. My daughters are blessed to be Mothers, too.

Today I vow that I will be the best mother (and grandmother) I can be.

Today I vow that I will love as deeply as I can those that share my life.

Today I know that I am blessed indeed~

Today I hope that you find blessings in your own life-and love your Mother even if it is just because she gave you life.

Happy Mother's Day from Me to You~
(See pictures that follow-Mothers'Day Part Two)
(Ya won't want to miss those-;>)
your photo name

4 comments:

Natalie said...

I really love that you acknowledge that not all moms are perfect or what everybody thinks of as a "mom". I'm so glad that my mother and I have a great relationship and that I can say I would love to be like her.

Tara Gokey said...

Love you Mom! Thanks for this posting...

If SHE can figure it out.......... said...

You are a great mother and nana. We love you!

maddie/cadesmimi said...

What a beautiful post, I love it! I think you covered all mothers beautifully.