Monday, November 15, 2010

SweetCheeks~Pumpkins and Prayers

Last weekend the girls
wanted to use their
Pumpkin placemats
one more time.
Lulu set the table
while Ria & SweetCheeks
supervised.
We had some of our favorites..
Toasted Cheese Sandwiches
and
Tomato soup~
courtesy of Campbells.
(Did you think I was gonna lie
and say I made it from scratch?)
God let Campbells make
soup in cans for a reason.
Just think-
Every can of Campbells I buy
means some canner keeps
his job for one more minute.
See? There is a purpose behind every
action.
Now, before we eat,
SweetCheeks volunteers to say a prayer.
She prays for soup that is NOT too hot
and she prays for Dora thu Explorerah
and she prays that her underwearh dus
not stick to her butt.
Her sister, Ria, is her
best audience..
hanging on to her every word.
It is all Lulu can do to not
burst out laughing.She is so earnest in her prayers..
that I am impressed.
I, too, am hoping that my underwear
doesn't stick to my butt..
especially considering I might
wet my pants if I stand here listening
much longer.

The prayer ends and the meal commences.

There is only ONE wee problem.

SweetCheeks insists her cup has a hole in it

cuz it is dripping down her chin.

I tell her she has to "line her lips up

with the curve in the cup" like her

sisters are doing.

She tries it several times before

voicing her final opinion.

Dese is stooopid cupps cuz they dwrip

dhown yoah face! And I doan't want

to haff to line my mouff up with the

cup like yoah sayed woood work, Nana..

cuz I tried it and it dussn't whork at all!

Can I jus' haff a spoon now, please?Yep! You sure can, SweetCheeks.

Next time you should pray for cups that

don't drip.

Pffffttt...Dass is not effven funny, Nana!

your photo name

16 comments:

AnonyaMouse said...

Well shucks, I had never thought to pray for my underwear, or that my soup was too hot. Now I know why my prayers aren't always answered. I'm praying for the wrong things.
Treasure every minute, Diana, they get past this stage all too soon.

Tete said...

I was raised on grilled cheese and tomato soup, raisded my kids on it and still eat it today...sounds good for lunch later on.
Now I have never prayed for my underwear before, nor have I ever heard anyone else do it either. Can you imagine God hearing that one? I'll bet he made her butt non stick for the day. Who could have denied her?
The cup thing is funny- should have given her a straw.
I think you should get a box of depends- she seems to be getting funnier with age.
Hugs- Tete

Granny Mountain said...

Great memories at Nana's and great memory FOR Nana!

Jayme Goffin, The Coop Keeper said...

Oh my Lord - those kids are a riot! I can't drink soup. I just can't. Give that kid a spoon already!! That looks like such a sweet little table. Wishn' I were there.

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Thanks for letting me be a fly on the wall!!

Julie Harward said...

LOL I just love you and these darling posts! ;D

Pam Kessler said...

Those soup mugs are cute, but I would be right there with Sweet Cheeks. If you can't drink out of them, then you need spoons. And I LOVE Campbell's soup and grilled cheese. When I was pregnant I was discussing how much I loved that meal to the Chef at the hotel where I was working and he made it for me the next day. Except it wasn't Campbells and had chunks of tomato and some silly herbs in it, but it was the thought that counts.

Laura said...

Hi diana, I love little sweetcheeks prayer!! just gorgeous! You are so fun to give the kids pumpkin mats and cups! What a gorgeous nanna you are!
lots of love (and definently no toilet paper on your butt!!!)
Laura xxx

Viera said...

how sweet and yummy.
X
V

LisaMarie said...

Awww so cute!! The girls look like they had so much fun!! The table setting is adorable!!!

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

I like your way of thinking ... and I LOVE those PUMPKIN MUGS!!!...

Debbie said...

Hi Diana...your girls sure set a cute table.
You are so blessed to have them over so much!
I like the prayer....makes sense to me.
Debbie@houseatthelake

Pamela said...

Yeah I pray all the time for my underwear not to stick to my butt too lol !
l Love those pumpkin placemats Diana!
Pamela xo

Debbie~ said...

Outta the mouth of babes! Gotta looove em'! I also love your adorable tablescape! Big hugs, Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs

Marlene said...

What a cute table setting. That was a special memory being made for the girls.

"Cottage By The Sea" said...

Yummy, I also love Campbell's tomato soup. We put bread and butter pickles on our grilled cheese and dip it in our soup. Is that improper? Anyway, I fall more in love with your little Sweet Cheeks every time you write about her. What a precious journal this will be for her later. I also pray that my underwear won't stick to my butt and last Sunday in church, I had to pray for two people in front of me whose underwear was sticking to their butt. I'm with SC, it does seem to be a growing problem in society these days.
p.s. love your pumpkin place mats